Re: [widgets] What is the status and plan for Widget URI spec?

From: Robin Berjon <robin.berjon@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2011 13:44:16 +0200
Cc: public-webapps <public-webapps@w3.org>
To: Arthur Barstow <Art.Barstow@nokia.com>
On Jun 29, 2011, at 16:33 , Arthur Barstow wrote:
> Robin - what is the status and plan for the Widget URI spec?
>
>  http://dev.w3.org/2006/waf/widgets-uri/

The status is that it's hanging on URI scheme registration. I'm afraid that I simply don't have the bandwidth to handle that at this point. My preferred approach would be to skip URI registration and register it after it's successfully deployed as a de facto scheme but that's neither nice nor proper :)

I get the impression that Marcos wanted to change a few things about it, but otherwise it's workable.

> All - if you have any implementation data for this spec, please let us know.

Widgeon supports it.

--
Robin Berjon
  Robineko (http://robineko.com/)