Re: Indicating certificate order in XML Dig Sig

On Mon, Jun 20, 2011 at 3:21 PM, Cantor, Scott E. <cantor.2@osu.edu> wrote:
> On 6/20/11 8:37 AM, "Marcos Caceres" <marcosscaceres@gmail.com> wrote:
>>Is there some means to explicitly indicate the order in which
>>certificates in an xml dig sig file should be processed? The problem
>>is that if you screw up the certificate order in the xml file, the
>>validator (e.g,. xmlsec) does not know which cert is the end-entity.
>
> BP is EE first, the rest after (and technically the order of the rest
> isn't supposed to matter).

Can I get an assurance from the XML Sec working group that a
non-normative note will be added to the XML Dig Sig specification wrt
to this best practice? Please consider this comment implementer
feedback on the CR.

--
Marcos Caceres
http://datadriven.com.au