Re: [widget] technology/specification name

From: Charles Pritchard <chuck@jumis.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2011 16:28:18 -0700
Cc: Dave Raggett <dsr@w3.org>, Karl Dubost <karld@opera.com>, "public-webapps@w3.org" <public-webapps@w3.org>, Bruce Lawson <brucel@opera.com>
To: Scott Wilson <scott.bradley.wilson@gmail.com>
One issue which comes up is that widget is also used in ARIA to describe ui elements.

I suspect we'll see apps used ubiquitously; widget seems to e reserved to early experiments in linked apps; apps via iframe.

Like many on this thread, I don't have a strong objection against the name. I rather appreciate the thread, it's bringing out more distinctions as to what we're talking about and targeting.

-Charles