Re: Mouse Lock

From: Vincent Scheib <scheib@google.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2011 10:58:17 -0700
To: Brandon Andrews <warcraftthreeft@sbcglobal.net>
Cc: Olli@pettay.fi, "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>, Ryosuke Niwa <rniwa@webkit.org>, Adam Barth <w3c@adambarth.com>, "Gregg Tavares (wrk)" <gman@google.com>, Glenn Maynard <glenn@zewt.org>, Charles Pritchard <chuck@jumis.com>, Kenneth Russell <kbr@google.com>, robert@ocallahan.org, public-webapps@w3.org
John Villar and I have produced a draft specification:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1uV4uDVIe9-8XdVndW8nNGWBfqn9ieeop-5TRfScOG_o/edit?hl=en_US&authkey=CM-dw7QG

Some additional notes included in that draft not yet discussed here:
- .deltaX conflicts with WheelEvent, I've used .movementX/Y instead unless
we feel DOM L3 should be modified.
- I've omitted the call of mouselocklost at a page close or
‘onbeforeunload’, as I can not determine a use case that benefits from it.
- I've omitted the suggestion of cancelLock on a bubbling MouseEvent - as it
is not needed, .target.unlockMouse() can be called.