Re: Mouse Lock

From: Ryosuke Niwa <rniwa@webkit.org>
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2011 08:02:45 -0700
To: "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>
Cc: Adam Barth <w3c@adambarth.com>, Vincent Scheib <scheib@google.com>, Brandon Andrews <warcraftthreeft@sbcglobal.net>, "Gregg Tavares (wrk)" <gman@google.com>, Glenn Maynard <glenn@zewt.org>, Charles Pritchard <chuck@jumis.com>, Kenneth Russell <kbr@google.com>, robert@ocallahan.org, public-webapps@w3.org
On Mon, Jun 20, 2011 at 10:48 AM, Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>wrote:

> 2. During a user-initiated click, you can lock the mouse to the target
> or an ancestor without a permissions prompt, but with a persistent
> message, either as an overlay or in the browser's chrome.

Does this mean that website is forced to release the lock before mouse-up
happens?  Or did you just mean that a website can start the lock during a
click?  If it's latter, I have a problem with that.  I know many people who
select text on a page just to read them.  They obviously don't expect their
cursors being tracked/locked by a website.

Also, once my mouse is locked, how do I free it?

- Ryosuke