Testing Progress Events and CR

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2011 12:28:14 +0200
To: "WebApps WG" <public-webapps@w3.org>
Since this relates to the CR of Progress Events I thought I would bring it
up on this list instead of one of the testing mailing lists. Progress
Events depends a lot on other specifications. Basically the only thing
that can be tested is creating synthetic events and seeing whether the
interface is correct. And synthetic events is an aspect that might need
changing given the new way of creating them we are going to introduce in
DOM Core.

So a) maybe we should hold off on going to CR until the new way of
initializing events is settled in DOM Core and b) we should probably
modify the CR exit criteria somewhat to make clear what we expect to be
able to test. Progress Events can be more fully tested in the context of
another specification, e.g. the File API or XMLHttpRequest.

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/