Re: [indexeddb] IDBDatabase.setVersion non-nullable parameter has a default for null

From: Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc>
Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2011 19:31:53 -0700
To: Mark Pilgrim <pilgrim@google.com>, Eliot Graff <Eliot.Graff@microsoft.com>, Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc>, "public-webapps@w3.org" <public-webapps@w3.org>, Jeremy Orlow <jorlow@chromium.org>, Israel Hilerio <israelh@microsoft.com>
On Fri, Jun 10, 2011 at 5:13 PM, Cameron McCormack <cam@mcc.id.au> wrote:
> Mark Pilgrim:
>> What about setVersion() with no arguments? I ask because WebKit
>> currently treats it like setVersion("undefined") and I'm in the
>> process of fixing it in about 19 places.
>
> Thatís the right behaviour.

Huh?? At least in the Gecko DOM implementation we always throw an
exception if too few parameters are defined. Only if parameters are
explicitly marked as [optional] are you allowed to not include them. I
was under the impression that this was the case in most DOM
implementations, with notable exception of webkit.

/ Jonas