Re: What changes to Web Messaging spec are proposed? [Was: Re: Using ArrayBuffer as payload for binary data to/from Web Workers]

On Wed, Jun 8, 2011 at 2:33 PM, Kenneth Russell <kbr@google.com> wrote:

> I prefer continuing to use an array for several reasons: simpler
> syntax, better type checking at the Web IDL level, and fewer
> ECMAScript-specific semantics.

An array makes it harder to do future modifications.

Also with the array, how does "Enhance the ability to pass MessagePorts, so
that the object graph can refer to them as well" work? Specifically,
consider an array that contains [arrayBuffer1, port1]. Is port1 something in
the object graph or a port to be transfer as before?

dave