Re: What changes to Web Messaging spec are proposed? [Was: Re: Using ArrayBuffer as payload for binary data to/from Web Workers]

My understanding is that we have reached a proposal which respecifies
the "ports" argument to postMessage as an array of objects to
transfer, in such a way that we:

 - Maintain 100% backward compatibility
 - Enhance the ability to pass MessagePorts, so that the object graph
can refer to them as well
 - Allow more object types to participate in transfer of ownership in the future

To the best of my knowledge there are no active points of
disagreement. I think we are only waiting for general consensus from
all interested parties that this is the desired step to take.

If it is, I would be happy to draft proposed edits to the associated
specs; there are several, and the edits may be somewhat involved. I'd
also be happy to share the work with Ian or anyone else.

I don't know the various processes for web specs, but the Web
Messaging spec will definitely need to be updated if we decide to move
in this direction.

-Ken