Re: [indexeddb] IDBDatabase.setVersion non-nullable parameter has a default for null

From: Cameron McCormack <cam@mcc.id.au>
Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2011 12:48:36 +1200
To: Israel Hilerio <israelh@microsoft.com>
Cc: Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc>, Jeremy Orlow <jorlow@chromium.org>, "public-webapps@w3.org" <public-webapps@w3.org>
Israel Hilerio:
> What I meant was that on the method description of
> IDBDatabase.setVersion, there is a table that has a nullable column.
> In it the "version" parameter there is an "x" in the Nullable column,
> which implies that the "version" parameter cannot be nullable. I'm
> guessing we want to keep this setting and that the only thing we
> want to remove is the "[TreatNullAs=EmptyString]" from the WebIDL
> definition (as you described above) of the setVersion.

I think the Nullable column is really just a reflection of whether the
type is nullable, i.e. if the type has a “?” at the end of it.  Having
the type be “DOMString” yet having a tick in the Nullable column doesn’t
make sense.

> I don't see any reason for changing the type of the parameter from
> DOMString.

Right, unless you wanted to allow null to be passed as the argument and
you wanted to distinguish that from "".  In that case, you would change
the type to “DOMString?”, which would mean there’d be a tick in the
Nullable column.

--
Cameron McCormack ≝ http://mcc.id.au/