Re: [widgets] P&C test suite fixes

From: Scott Wilson <scott.bradley.wilson@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2011 20:02:03 +0100
Cc: public-webapps WG <public-webapps@w3.org>
To: Marcos Caceres <marcosscaceres@gmail.com>

On 13 May 2011, at 16:06, Marcos Caceres wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I changed dlocuse00 to use the language tag "xx" instead of "en-gb"...
>
> http://dev.w3.org/2006/waf/widgets/test-suite/test-cases/ta-defaultlocale-usage/000/ta-de-000.wgt

I've tried this one but don't really understand it. I thought that defaultLocale would be used as a "last resort" in cases where there is no non-localized content available - so for this:

<widget id="dlocuse00:" xmlns="http://www.w3.org/ns/widgets" defaultlocale="x-w3c-test">
	<name>dlocuse00</name>
</widget>
Instantiating the widget and making a default call for / resolves to:

/index.html

which exists in the widget package; and not:

/locales/x-w3c-test/index.html

though maybe I'm not understanding the expected behaviour?