Re: [indexeddb] Using WebIDL Dictionary in IDBObjectStore.createIndex for optionalParameters

From: Cameron McCormack <cam@mcc.id.au>
Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2011 09:15:16 +1200
To: Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc>
Cc: Israel Hilerio <israelh@microsoft.com>, "public-webapps@w3.org" <public-webapps@w3.org>
Jonas Sicking:
> The one outstanding issue that I know about is that we want IndexedDB
> to throw if any unknown parameters are specified. I don't know if
> WebIDL dictionaries support those yet. Or if it's something that we
> can specify in prose.

I was waiting to see if anyone else had any views on that in the other
thread, but I guess they don’t. :-)  I am still not quite comfortable
with looking at the enumerability of the property to determine whether
it will be used as a dictionary member value.  It’s not consistent with
how property descriptors are handled by Object.defineProperty and it
doesn’t seem like a natural JS usage pattern for objects-as-property-
bags.

Throwing if there are unknown properties is also inconsistent with
Object.defineProperty.  Do you think this should happen for all users of
dictionaries (if other specs used them)?

--
Cameron McCormack ≝ http://mcc.id.au/