Re: Status of URL Interface?

From: Arun Ranganathan <arun@mozilla.com>
Date: Thu, 02 Jun 2011 13:46:56 -0400
To: Adam Barth <w3c@adambarth.com>
CC: Arthur Barstow <art.barstow@nokia.com>, ext Dominique Hazael-Massieux <dom@w3.org>, public-webapps@w3.org
On 6/1/11 5:42 PM, Adam Barth wrote:
> I've been implementing bits and pieces in WebKit.  If there's interest
> from other implementors, I'm happy to work on the document in the W3C
> process.

I'm definitely interested in seeing this become a rec-track document.
Ad-hoc pieces of this live in other specs.  For instance, both WHATWG
Stream API and FileAPI reference URL.createObjectURL(blob) as defined here:

http://dev.w3.org/2006/webapi/FileAPI/#creating-revoking

I'd like to see this interface live somewhere more formal than its
present incarnation as a Google Doc.

-- A*