Re: bug in example in step 6 of media type algorithm in WD-widgets-20110322 ?

Hi Jonathan,

On Wed, May 4, 2011 at 7:41 PM, Marcos Caceres <marcosscaceres@gmail.com> wrote:

>> http://www.w3.org/TR/2011/WD-widgets-20110322/#rule-for-identifying-the-media-type-of-a0
>> says:
>>
>> <says>
>> If the first character of the name is not a U+002E 'FULL STOP'
>> character, but name contains one or more U+002E 'FULL STOP'
>> characters, then let extension be the sequence of characters from the
>> last U+002E 'FULL STOP' (inclusive) to the end of name (if any).
>>
>> The value of extension for the file name "cat.html" would be ".html".
>> The value of extension for "...html" would be ".html". And the value
>> of extension for "hello." would be an empty string.
>> </says>
>>
>> Wouldn't the value of extension for "hello." be "." according to this
>> rule?
>>
>> "If any" doesn't make sense - there has to be *some* sequence of
>> characters from the full stop to the end.
>>
>> Best
>> Jonathan
>
> The spec now reads:
> [[
> If the first character or last character of the name is not a U+002E 'FULL
> STOP' character, but name contains one or more U+002E 'FULL STOP'
> characters, then let extension be the sequence of characters from the last
> U+002E 'FULL STOP' (inclusive) to the end of name.
> ]]
>
> That should address the issue above.

Sorry to bother you, but could you please respond to the list and
indicate if you approve of the change above. That will allow me to
formally record in the Disposition of Comments for this specification
that you are satisfied with the response from the working group.

If we don't hear back from you by Friday, 27th of May, we will assume
you support the changes I made to the spec.

--
Marcos Caceres
http://datadriven.com.au