From: Richard Felton <fuzzyfelt@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 20 May 2011 16:19:05 +0100
To: public-webapps@w3.org

Hopefully this is the right place to ask this question.

I'm looking at the possibility of using W3C widgets as a web-app mechanism
on an IP connected set-top box. I've had a look through the specifications
available and I can't see a way to pass launch parameters to a widget. Is
this possible or has it been ruled out for good reason?

For example, if I want to write a branded media player application (in a
widget)  it'd be useful if I could allow the set-top box user interface to
pass the identifier of the programme to be played into the widget.
Effectively I'm looking for a way for a widget to specify something similar
to command line options so that the launching entity can control the state
the widget starts up in.