Re: Filtering clipboard MIME types (was: Re: clipboard events)

On Wed, May 18, 2011 at 17:41, João Eiras <joao.eiras@gmail.com> wrote:

> On , Paul Libbrecht <paul@hoplahup.net> wrote:
>

>> Le 17 mai 2011 à 06:23, Hallvord R. M. Steen a écrit :
>>
>>  To get a table started in the spec, could you give me a small list of
>>> (MIME) types one should mandate the UA to be aware of and be able to
>>> "roundtrip" to/from native clipboard types? Just off the top of your head?
>>> The typical Web MIME types would of course be something along the lines of
>>>
>>> text/plain
>>> text/html
>>> image/jpg
>>> image/gif
>>> image/png
>>> application/xhtml+xml
>>> image/svg+xml
>>>

>> I would like to add all of the 3 MathML flavors:
>>
>> - application/mathml-presentation+xml
>> - application/mathml-content+xml
>> - application/mathml+xml
>>

> More generic
>  - text/* (I've see in too many places mime-types like text/x-c-src, and
> text is text.)
>  - application/*+xml
>  - application/*script (ecmascript, javascript)

e.clipboardData.setData('text/x-c-src', 'Foo');
e.clipboardData.setData('text/plain', 'Bar');
e.clipboardData.setData('text/xml', 'Baz');
e.clipboardData.setData('application/xhtml+xml', 'Blah');

Which one should get placed into the native plain text type? Which one gets
to be the definitive XML on the native clipboard?

Daniel