Re: safeguarding a live getData() against looping scripts? (was: Re: clipboard events)

On , Hallvord R. M. Steen <hallvord@opera.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 19 May 2011 03:12:41 +0900, Daniel Cheng <dcheng@chromium.org>
> wrote:
>
> [Added back a bit more context since I add Ian to CC]

getData and setData must work outside clipboard events, like when clicking paste/copy/cut buttons on a toolbar. The clipboardData object needs to be exposed on the window, like in IE.

To handle the getData case, I've thought of adding a proxy clipboard per browsing context. Read operations read from the proxy clipboard, write operations write to the proxy and system clipboards. User initiated actions like dropping, or pasting would update the proxy clipboard with the system clipboard contents, prior to the event being dispatched on the webpage.