Re: [widgets] WARP usability issue

From: timeless <timeless@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 12 May 2011 17:12:30 +0300
To: Scott Wilson <scott.bradley.wilson@gmail.com>
Cc: Marcos Caceres <marcosscaceres@gmail.com>, public-webapps WG <public-webapps@w3.org>, Robin Berjon <robin.berjon@gmail.com>, Wojciech Masłowski <wmaslowski@opera.com>, Charles McCathieNevile <chaals@opera.com>
2011/5/12 Scott Wilson <scott.bradley.wilson@gmail.com>:
> I'd be tempted to just strip off any trailing slashes on import.
> Actually I might do that for all path components in a WARP origin rather than throw an error.

So. I was hoping it could be fixed by Stores when they import, but of
course the signature would be voided if they did that.

Since this is something which is part of the manifest and can be
easily identified and reported, I think the right thing to do is for
the Stores to reject uploads with a useful error and for the UAs to
reject widgets with a useful error.

It should be very easy to detect this error and very easy to write a
good error message with a correction. And it should be possible to
even spit out a diff or replacement file which people can use. So this
should really be solved by tools.