Proposal for a web application descriptor

From: Simon Heckmann <simon@simonheckmann.de>
Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2011 00:45:53 +0200
To: public-webapps@w3.org
Hello everyone,

I have read a lot in the last month about the future of html and web applications and I am very impressed by the progress this makes. However, I have come across some thing that annoys me: Permissions. I know they are important and I know they are needed but currently I find this quite inconvenient. And with more and more permissions coming up this might get worse so I spent some time thinking about it.

I have written a short document covering my proposal: www.simonheckmann.de/download/Proposal.pdf (PDF, 3 pages, ~200KB) or www.simonheckmann.de/proposal/ (HTML version).

It should just take only a few minutes to read and includes examples and screenshots. I am really looking forward to hearing your thoughts on this. Please feel free to share this idea with whomever you want to. If you think I should post this proposal somewhere else please say so.

Kind regards,
Simon Heckmann