[IndexedDB] Closing on bug 9903 (collations)

From: Pablo Castro <Pablo.Castro@microsoft.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2011 18:16:06 +0000
To: "public-webapps@w3.org" <public-webapps@w3.org>
We've had quite a bit of debate on this but I don't think we've reached closure. At this point I would be fine with either one of a) postpone to v2 and agree that for now we'll just do binary collation everywhere or b) the last form of the proposal sent around: extra "collation" argument (following BCP47 plus whatever the UA wants to allow) in createObjectStore/createIndex, plus a collation property to interrogate it; no way to change the collation of a store/index once created.

Given that this turned out to be a more elaborate topic than I had originally expected and that it doesn't seem to have a lot of traction right now, my preference would be to postpone to v2. Thoughts? Once we make a call I'll make sure the spec reflects it.

Thanks
-pablo