Re: Server-Sent Event types

From: Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2011 17:26:11 -0700
To: Brett Zamir <brettz9@gmail.com>
Cc: public-webapps@w3.org
On Wed, Apr 27, 2011 at 11:26 PM, Brett Zamir <brettz9@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am a newcomer to the Server-Sent Events spec, so my apologies if I am
> covering old ground.
>
> While I can understand that Server-Sent Events may be intending to start off
> simple, I wonder whether there is some reason a formal mechanism was not
> adopted to at least allow the specification of event types. I think such a
> convention would have a number of important benefits.

After reading the entire email, I still can't tell what you mean by
'event types'.  I can only assume that you mean something like what
the spec already allows by having the author send an "event: foo"
line, which makes the next batch of data be dispatched as a "foo"
event instead of a "message" event.

Is this what you're attempting to do?

~TJ