Re: [FileAPI] File.slice spec bug

On Tue, Apr 12, 2011 at 1:57 PM, Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc> wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 12, 2011 at 1:36 PM, Dmitry Titov <dimich@chromium.org> wrote:
>> Indeed, it appeared in FF 4 which was shipped end of March, so if it was
>> only FF API, it would be fine to change it since it's only been official for
>> a couple of weeks.
>> However in Chrome this was shipped August 2010, and in Safari sometime in
>> 2010 I think. Oprah seems also support it, although I don't know for how
>> long.
>> This could give plenty of time to developers to start using the API, so I
>> can see how it would give us a pause while considering such a change...
>
> Can you provide a testcase that you are using to verify this? I've
> attached the testcase I'm using and it shows that Safari 5.0.4 does
> not support File.slice.
>
> Will check Opera in a second.

It appears that Opera too implements File.slice. Would be great to
know for how long it's been implemented.

Does anyone know of any sites that actually uses File.slice. It's
fairly easy to detect how an implementation interprets the File.slice
arguments so it should be easy for websites to support both the old
and the new behavior. However of course the websites needs to be
updated to do so.

If someone knows about any websites I can personally take care of
contacting them and trying to get them fixed.

/ Jonas