Re: [FileAPI] Seeking status and plan

From: Arun Ranganathan <arun@mozilla.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2011 11:20:16 -0400
To: Arthur Barstow <art.barstow@nokia.com>
CC: Jonas Sicking <sicking@mozilla.com>, public-webapps <public-webapps@w3.org>
On 4/11/11 9:38 AM, Arthur Barstow wrote:
> Hi Arun, Jonas - what is the status/plan for the File API spec?
>
> What remains to be done before the spec is "LC ready"?

Art:

A few things need to be done:

1. There continue to be a few spec. nits about multiple read calls;
these have to be addressed.
2. We'll have to make the pieces of the spec. that address asynchronous
events more in keeping with HTML5
3. There'll have to be some discussion about the blob: scheme.

> (Tracker shows 0 bugs and WebApps does not have a Bugzilla component
> for this spec).

We can use Tracker and create the component if it is helpful; we used
the public listserv and didn't really use the Bugzilla component or
Tracker (except after F2Fs).

Regarding plan:

I'd like to tackle 1-3 (allowing time for discussion), and put this on
the LC track by May 1.  Does that seem acceptable?

-- A*