Re: [WebSQL] Any future plans, or has IndexedDB replaced WebSQL?

From: Charles Pritchard <chuck@jumis.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2011 23:19:03 -0700
Cc: Ryan Fugger <arv@ryanfugger.com>, "public-webapps@w3.org" <public-webapps@w3.org>
To: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
In fairness, and perspective, GLSL is a big leap, adding one more language with neat features like swizzle and matrix math.

SQL is too big a leap for the time being. I'd like to see a continued effort at 'borrowing' from our new web family member, glsl. Typed arrays are wonderful. There's been a little exploration into CSSMatrix for mat4 operations. Interesting stuff.

That's my top-post opinion.

I have a lot of respect for sqlite-- postgres devs gave me the impression they'd prefer a method based API over relexing or reusing the sqlite dialect.

-Charles