Re: RfC: WebApps Testing Process

From: Arthur Barstow <art.barstow@nokia.com>
Date: Wed, 06 Apr 2011 08:55:45 -0400
To: ext Aryeh Gregor <Simetrical+w3c@gmail.com>, public-webapps <public-webapps@w3.org>
On Apr/3/2011 6:31 PM, ext Aryeh Gregor wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 1, 2011 at 1:26 PM, Arthur Barstow<art.barstow@nokia.com>  wrote:
>> I'm not sure we need to explicitly designate test suite maintainers.
> I'd be okay with not having specific maintainers, but then we need to
> figure out some good process for what to do if someone finds a test
> bug.  With a spec, you can file a bug and the editor gets CCd.  The
> editor is responsible to fix it, and also has the ability to fix it.
> If no one is specifically designated as test maintainer for each spec,
> then who has the responsibility and ability to address the bugs?

These are good points Aryeh. I was thinking a test suite was more like
"group property" but it does make sense to designate one or more persons
to be responsible for a test suite. By default, that responsibility
should be the spec Editor(s) (and possibly others) and if that is
problematic, Charles or I can be designated. This would also address the
TBD re "should we create a bugzilla component per test suite" -> yes,
each spec will have its own test suite component in Bugzilla (e.g.
ProgressEvents-testsuite).

I think all of the substantive comments to date only affect the proposed
Approval page. I'll notify the list after I've reworked that document to
reflect the comments.

Thanks again, I think this will result in a simpler and clearer process.

-AB