Re: How to standardize new Offline Web app features? [Was Re: Offline Web Applications status]

On Sat, 2 Apr 2011, Arthur Barstow wrote:

> Perhaps subscribers to both lists (Mike Smith, Maciej, Hixie) could
> provide some guidance on which list to use for Offline Web applications
> (again, I'm OK with public-webapps) and which Bugzilla product/component
> to use to file feature requests for Offline Web apps.

If one wants to send e-mail and be guaranteed a response, then the
whatwg@whatwg.org list will be most effective.

If one wants to discuss the issue within the W3C context, then
public-html@w3.org is the list most appropriate for the current spec text.

If one wants to file a bug and be guaranteed a response, then open the
WHATWG HTML Standard, click on the relevant section, and type the comment
in the feedback form at the bottom right. It'll automatically pick the
right component and so forth. I don't remember what the component is
called off-hand, probably "HTML spec" or some such. You can also file a
bug using the form at the top of the W3C draft that the feature is defined
in, which is currently the HTML5 draft; that should also pick the right
component but doesn't give me as much context. You can also file the bug
directly in Bugzilla if you can work out which component to use.