Re: Updates to FileAPI

On 12/17/10 4:30 PM, Jian Li wrote:
> Since we do not get any objection, can you put this change in the File
> API spec or have a plan to do this so that we can start to implement
> it in our browsers? Thanks.

Jian Li et al,

I've made changes to the editor's draft of the File API:

http://dev.w3.org/2006/webapi/FileAPI/

Notably:

1. lastModifiedDate returns a Date object.

2. We use the URL object and expose static methods on it for Blob URI
creation and revocation.

A few changes with respect to making File API tow the line w.r.t. the
event queue (and Anne's nits about abort behavior) aren't reflected yet.
I spoke to Jonas, who'll probably get to those soon.

Also, I've minuted Sam Weinig at TPAC saying he'd prefer us to roll back
from using the sequence<T> type WebIDL syntax to index getters.  Sam:
are you still tightly wed to this?  WebIDL has undergone changes since
last we spoke.  I'm copying what HTML5 is doing, and didn't want to be
inconsistent in rolling this back.

-- A*