Re: XBL2: First Thoughts and Use Cases

From: Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2010 21:22:06 -0800
To: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu>
Cc: robert@ocallahan.org, Dimitri Glazkov <dglazkov@google.com>, public-webapps <public-webapps@w3.org>
On Mon, Dec 13, 2010 at 9:11 PM, Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu> wrote:

>> Ah, you're thinking about changes to the normal DOM.  We're afraid of
>> changes to the template.
>
> I think roc explicitly said that he thinks the XBL2 spec's section on this
> seems ... dispensable.
>
> I agree with him, for what it's worth.

Then we're all in agreement.  ^_^  The rules that templates set up for
assigning normal DOM nodes to places in the final flattened tree
should stick around somehow even if we don't retain a reference to the
template itself, so that adding children to the element afterwards has
the same effect as parsing them in the original HTML.

~TJ