Re: Call for Editors for Server-sent Events, Web Storage, and Web Workers

Hi, Tab-

Tab Atkins Jr. wrote (on 12/13/10 6:04 PM):

> I, too, thought that your email was stating that the aforementioned
> documents had *no* editors, and that you were saying that Ian wasn't
> willing to work on them.  If the idea is merely that you would like
> co-editors who are willing to do the job of occasionally pushing TR
> copies, that could have been communicated *much* better.

Sorry I wasn't more clear.  I tried, and used words like "co-editor",
but the best laid plans of mice and men often go awry.

But we are looking for more than someone to just push TR copies, we want
someone who (like Ian) understands the issues, and knows how to help
drive progress through consensus and technical expertise, and who can
dedicate themselves to the task.

> For example, an editor does *far* more than just publish snapshots and
> deal with comments; I definitely don't have time to do all the work
> that being an editor would entail.

Okay.

> You aren't asking for someone to do all that though,

Yes, we are.

> you're just asking for someone to occasionally do
> a bit of administrative work.  I have the bandwidth to help with that
> if necessary.

Thanks, but we are indeed looking for full-fledged co-editors.  If we
don't find any likely candidates (and maybe if we do), then we will
certainly take you up on your offer to help with the administrative
work.  Thanks!

Regards-
-Doug Schepers
W3C Team Contact, SVG, WebApps, and Web Events WGs