Re: Structured clone in WebStorage

From: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2010 23:51:49 +0000 (UTC)
To: Oliver Hunt <oliver@apple.com>
cc: Darin Fisher <darin@chromium.org>, Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>, Arthur Barstow <Art.Barstow@nokia.com>, Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>, ext Adrian Bateman <adrianba@microsoft.com>, Jeremy Orlow <jorlow@chromium.org>, public-webapps WG <public-webapps@w3.org>
On Fri, 3 Dec 2010, Oliver Hunt wrote:

> I recall talking to hixie about this at some point, and I recall that at
> that point localstorage was explicitly prevented from Blobs, although I
> can't see any sign of that rule anymore :-/

Blobs are fine, they're async anyway. To store one you'd just need to let
the blob know that you need a checkpoint. The actual storage in
localStorage can all be done in the background. The feature that was
problematic with localStorage wasn't Blobs, it was ImageData, and that
should still be blocked.