Re: [File API] abort()

From: Arun Ranganathan <aranganathan@mozilla.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2010 07:43:00 -0800 (PST)
To: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Cc: WebApps WG <public-webapps@w3.org>
Anne,

----- Original Message -----
> Per http://dev.w3.org/2006/webapi/FileAPI/#abort invoking abort()
> always
> results in events getting dispatched. This is not what happens in e.g.
> Gecko at the moment. When the state is EMPTY the method simply
> returns.

To be clear, what is the behavior you are prescribing?  Chrome folks, what is the desired behavior for your implementation?

> The dispatching of events should probably also be defined in terms of
> the
> event queue so it becomes more clear which are to be dispatched
> synchronously, etc. Currently all those interactions are quite vague
> in
> the File API specification.

OK, I agree that this could be better, and should be improved in a subsequent version (especially making clear synchronous dispatch).  If you could be more specific about your nits, that would help as well.

-- A*