Re: Embedding WebSocket Servers in Web Pages

From: Nathan <nathan@webr3.org>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2010 17:14:57 +0000
To: Toni Ruottu <toni.ruottu@iki.fi>
CC: public-webapps@w3.org, Konrad Markus <konrad.markus@hiit.fi>, Sasu A O Tarkoma <starkoma@cc.helsinki.fi>
Hi Toni,

Any notes or thoughts on the DNS and IP Routing side of things, as in
how to distinguish between the various listening browsers on my private
network which all share a single public IP address, and also how to
negate conflicts + expose the details of the listening socket to the
user in order to make a connection over the web.

As in, what address do I provide you with (and how do I find it) so that
we can use the chat demo client-to-client, also how to communicate that
address when the connection hasn't been made? out-of-band via some other
messaging system?

Best,

Nathan