Re: [Widgets] running widgets in a regular web page ???

First of all, thanks to everyone replying and providing useful background to
this first time poster. I did go through the provided links of the past
threads and the different kind of proposed approaches. I think however I
might have not made myself completely clear (or of course I misunderstood
some of the replies :).

I think it would be great if the SAME code base could run "standalone" and
in a web page (that is with the help of a "serverside container" like Wookie
or JBaron). Injected scripts can help with some issues, I also use this on
the JBaron demo. But certainly this is not going to solve all issues.

For example to be truly compatible in both environment this would mean that
widget code should invoke widget.getProxyUrl/proxify before calling an
XMLHttpRequest, because the code base doesn't know on which environment it
will be run. And the consequence would be of course that this method would
need to be part of the specification.

And my interest/question was, is this planned/foreseen? Will it be possible
at the end to run the same "specification compliant widget" both
"standalone" as also part of a web page (again with using something like
using Wookie or JBaron)??? In the second scenario of course it
won't necessary be the end-user who installed the application.It would be
more likely the site owner who included the application on one of his pages.

(I guess an alternative would be to make these additional methods part of a
feature and mention this in the config.xml. But then regular widgets won't
run within web pages.)

And again, thanks for all the feedback and ideas so far.

regards,

Peter