Re: [cors] 27 July 2010 CORS feedback

From: Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2010 23:47:19 -0800
To: Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>
Cc: public-webapps@w3.org
On Tue, Nov 23, 2010 at 9:18 PM, Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net> wrote:
> * Jonas Sicking wrote:
>>On Tue, Nov 23, 2010 at 7:36 PM, Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net> wrote:
>>> At the point where browser vendors actually disable cross site form
>>> posts it won't break a lot of sites, since browser vendors are not in
>>> the habit of making changes that break a lot of sites.
>>
>>This sounds like a very hypothetical world.
>
> Could you give a couple of examples of changes that have recently been
> made to the implementation you are working on that made a whole lot of
> web sites dysfunctional (such as people being unable to submit a form)
> where the people making the decision to break those sites were clearly
> aware of the impact, that would compare to disabling cross site form
> posts right now?

No. Can you give an example of a feature that is used as wildly as
cross-site POSTs are today which websites have largely stopped using?

The whole scenario of cross site POSTs going away is extremely
hypothetical. My point was that you selected a very specific
hypothetical world where sites had somehow stopped using cross site
<form> POSTing, but still were using cross site CORS POSTing (which it
the exact opposite of todays world).

/ Jonas