Re: [ProgressEvents] How to deal with compressed transfer encodings

On 11/23/10 9:31 PM, Bjoern Hoehrmann wrote:
> That is what the draft already requires, if by "compressed" Jonas means
> you remove all transfer encodings but retain the content encodings

This is actually ambiguous, since the near-total lack of server and UA
support for "Transfer-Encoding: gzip" means that "Content-Encoding:
gzip" is used to mean both transfer and content encoding (well,
sometimes it also just means "my server is misconfigured Apache", but I
assume UAs already deal with this, by and large).

-Boris