Re: Discussion of File API at TPAC in Lyon

> On Tuesday, November 16, 2010 8:11 AM, Jonas Sicking wrote:
> > On Tuesday, November 16, 2010, Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
> > wrote:
> > > On Tue, 16 Nov 2010 01:35:05 +0100, Jonas Sicking
> > > <jonas@sicking.cc>
> > wrote:
> > >
> > > Ok, here is what I'll propose as the final solution:
> > >
> > > FileAPI will define the following WebIDL:
> > >
> > > [Supplemental]
> > > interface URL {
> > >   static DOMString createObjectURL(in Blob blob);
> > >   static void revokeObjectURL(in DOMString url);
> > > };
> > >
> > > [...]
> > >
> > > Unless I hear otherwise from people, I'll assume that everyone is
> > > happy with this.
> > >

> > > This looks great. Will this make it into Firefox 4?
> >
> > Assuming we can get everyone to agree quickly enough, yes.
>
> We're okay with this too, especially if it doesn't change. :)

So it (soon) will be written, and so it will be done ;)

The only think I'm not sure about is the proposed spec language about *prototype usage.  But aside from that caveat, which I'll run by heycam, I'll put the migration to URL in the editor's draft.

-- A*