Re: requestAnimationFrame

On 11/17/10 9:48 PM, James Robinson wrote:
> In Safari (and at some point in Chrome as well) declarative animations
> are not necessarily sampled in the main thread.

Right, that's the direction Robert mentioned Gecko is headed as well.

> I'm not entirely convinced about how important it is to
> synchronize declarative and script-driven animations

I think it's pretty important to do something that makes it easy to at
least try to synchronize them, unless you think declarative animations
cover all use cases (they don't) or unless you want to force people to
go all-script as soon as they have to script any one thing (undesirable).

Robert has described how we see this working in Gecko, for what it's worth.

-Boris