Re: requestAnimationFrame

On Tue, Nov 16, 2010 at 12:55 PM, Gregg Tavares (wrk) <gman@google.com>wrote:

> I've seen proposals for something more like
>
>       element.setInternvalIfVisible(func, internval);
>
> Which is the same as setInterval but only gets called if the element is
> visible.  With that kind of API there is no connection to rendering. Each
> area that needs animation can set the framerate it is hoping to get. The UA
> can throttle if it wants to.

What happens if one element's event handler makes another element visible,
will the second element's timer be able to fire or not?

When an element becomes visible, does its timer fire immediately if the last
firing was more than 'interval' ago?

If the author just wants a smooth animation, what should they pass as the
interval? For smooth animations, it seems to me that the browser alone
should choose the frame rate.

Rob