Re: [IndexedDB] .value of no-duplicate cursors

From: Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2010 13:16:50 -0800
To: Jeremy Orlow <jorlow@chromium.org>
Cc: ben turner <bent.mozilla@gmail.com>, Webapps WG <public-webapps@w3.org>
On Thu, Nov 11, 2010 at 11:48 AM, Jeremy Orlow <jorlow@chromium.org> wrote:
> When I think of this, I think of it returning the first item for a
> particular value.  I can't think of any use cases where it'd matter either
> way though.  Can you?

Define "first" :)

I also can't think of use cases where it matters which is returned,
but I still think it's confusing that it'd change depending on which
order things are iterated.

Consider a page with displays a table of results and which has the
ability to sort results by a particular column by clicking the header
in that column. It would seem strange if the contents of that table
change if you switched a column between ascending and descending
sorting.

/ Jonas