Re: XHR responseArrayBuffer attribute: suggestion to replace "asBlob" with "responseType"

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Tue, 09 Nov 2010 15:10:59 -0500
To: Chris Rogers <crogers@google.com>
CC: David Flanagan <david@davidflanagan.com>, public-webapps@w3.org, Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc>, Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>, Geoffrey Garen <ggaren@apple.com>, Darin Fisher <darin@chromium.org>, Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>, Eric Uhrhane <ericu@google.com>, michaeln@google.com, Alexey Proskuryakov <ap@webkit.org>, jorlow@google.com, jamesr@chromium.org
On 11/9/10 2:54 PM, Chris Rogers wrote:
> Sorry for the delayed response.  I think the idea of BinaryHttpRequest
> is a reasonable one.  As you point out, it simply side-steps any
> potential performance and compatibility issues.  Are you imagining that
> the API is effectively the same as XMLHttpRequest, except without the
> text and XML part?
>
> How do other people feel about David's proposal?

I would be fine with it.

-Boris