[DataCache] Status and plans for Programmable HTTP Caching and Serving?

From: Arthur Barstow <art.barstow@nokia.com>
Date: Fri, 05 Nov 2010 09:26:13 -0400
To: public-webapps <public-webapps@w3.org>, Nikunj Mehta <nikunj@o-micron.com>, Bernard Traversat <bernard.traversat@oracle.com>, Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>, Mark Nottingham <mnot@yahoo-inc.com>
Hi All,

During WebApps' November 1 gathering at the TPAC, we discussed [Mins]
the WG's "Programmable HTTP Caching and Serving" spec, last updated by
Nikunj in January 2010 [DataCache].

During this discussion, I agreed to the following related actions:

ACTION-599 "Ask Nikunj to report the status and plans of Programmable
Cache to public-webapps"
http://www.w3.org/2008/webapps/track/actions/599

ACTION-600 "Ask Oracle about their level of interest in Programmable Cache"
http://www.w3.org/2008/webapps/track/actions/600

ACTION-601 "Ask public-webapps about creating Use Cases and requirements
of Program App Caches versus HTML5 App Cache"
http://www.w3.org/2008/webapps/track/actions/601

ACTION-602 "Contact julian reschke and Mark Nottingham about Data Cache"
http://www.w3.org/2008/webapps/track/actions/602

My short summary of this discussion is: it isn't clear if there is
sufficient interest to continue this spec and if there is interest, what
are the specific use cases it will address (i.e. use cases not addressed
by HTML5 AppCache), and who is willing to commit to drive the spec forward.

-Art Barstow

[ tracker tags: ACTION-599, ACTION-600, ACTION-601, ACTION-602 ]

[Mins] http://www.w3.org/2010/11/01-webapps-minutes.html#item05
[DataCache] http://dev.w3.org/2006/webapi/DataCache/