Re: XHR responseArrayBuffer attribute: suggestion to replace "asBlob" with "responseType"

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2010 13:23:54 -0400
To: Chris Marrin <cmarrin@apple.com>
CC: Darin Fisher <darin@chromium.org>, Chris Rogers <crogers@google.com>, Web Applications Working Group WG <public-webapps@w3.org>, Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>, Eric Uhrhane <ericu@google.com>, michaeln@google.com, Alexey Proskuryakov <ap@webkit.org>, Geoffrey Garen <ggaren@apple.com>, jorlow@google.com, jamesr@chromium.org
On 10/27/10 1:18 PM, Chris Marrin wrote:
> But  we always have to keep the current functionality.

But you're proposing doing just that.

> Turn on the "I only ever want this as an ArrayBuffer" flag and attempts to do responseText or responseXML would result in an error. I don't think that affects today's author, doe it?

It does, if he's a co-author and the other co-author flips that flag
because he thinks he no longer needs the response text while our author
uses it.

All of which I've said before in this thread.  We seem to be going in
circles at this point....

-Boris