Re: XHR responseArrayBuffer attribute: suggestion to replace "asBlob" with "responseType"

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2010 03:40:41 -0400
To: Darin Fisher <darin@chromium.org>
CC: Chris Rogers <crogers@google.com>, Web Applications Working Group WG <public-webapps@w3.org>, Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>, Eric Uhrhane <ericu@google.com>, michaeln@google.com, Alexey Proskuryakov <ap@webkit.org>, Chris Marrin <cmarrin@apple.com>, Geoffrey Garen <ggaren@apple.com>, jorlow@google.com, jamesr@chromium.org
On 10/27/10 3:24 AM, Darin Fisher wrote:
> So, it sounds like we just need to present you with some concrete
> examples of XHRs being used to fetch large responses as Text or XML, and
> then you will be convinced?

Uh... no.  I'm sure these happen.  The question is whether their
existence is sufficient grounds to impose additional burdens on other
uses of XHR.