Re: Replacing WebSQL with a Relational Data Model.

From: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2010 16:53:30 +0200
To: Keean Schupke <keean@fry-it.com>
CC: Jeremy Orlow <jorlow@chromium.org>, Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc>, public-webapps@w3.org
On 26.10.2010 16:37, Keean Schupke wrote:
> Then the superior performance of the SQLite version might persuade more
> people to implement the standard that way?

I think you really need to go through the mailing list archives to
understand the problems with SQLite. It's not about the *quality* of
that engine, but the fact that it's not sufficient as a specification.

So, if you *did* specify an API, and it *was* possible to implement that
by "just" using SQLite, you would have provided a spec that defines what
SQLite does. That would be a good thing, but I think it'll be tricky to do.

Best regards, Julian (knowing little about databases)