Re: createBlobURL

From: Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2010 17:04:27 -0700
To: Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc>
Cc: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>, Arun Ranganathan <arun@mozilla.com>, public-webapps <public-webapps@w3.org>, Arthur Barstow <art.barstow@nokia.com>, Adam Barth <abarth@gmail.com>, Darin Fisher <darin@google.com>
On Mon, Oct 25, 2010 at 4:48 PM, Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc> wrote:
> Like I said, I think creating an OM that covers all the cases here
> would create something very complex. I'd love to see a useful proposal
> for <http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css3-images/>.

It doesn't seem overly difficult.  Using the proposed Values API,
you'd do something like "elem.style.values.backgroundImage.url =
[DOMURL goes here]".

Then you'd just have to define the serialization of this to cssText,
which would probably just involve an opaque URL like "about:url" or
something similar.  It wouldn't roundtrip through a string, but that's
probably an acceptable penalty.

~TJ