Re: CfC: publish a new Working Draft of Web IDL; deadline October 18

From: Cameron McCormack <cam@mcc.id.au>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2010 10:39:30 +1300
To: Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc>
Cc: Travis Leithead <travil@microsoft.com>, Shiki Okasaka <shiki.okasaka@gmail.com>, public-script-coord <public-script-coord@w3.org>, public-webapps <public-webapps@w3.org>
Jonas Sicking:
> My gut reaction is to leave this out from the spec and not let WebIDL
> specify security aspects.

Agreed.  It’d be fine even for other specs (HTML5?) to define their own
security-related extended attributes to avoid writing prose that defines
when SECURITY_ERRs get thrown, but I don’t think the place to define
such an extended attribute is in Web IDL itself.

--
Cameron McCormack ≝ http://mcc.id.au/