Re: createBlobURL

> On Wed, 20 Oct 2010 01:57:30 +0200, Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc>
> wrote:
>> The only real solution here is to abandon the use of URLs-strings
>> ("blob:...") and instead use some type of object which represents a
>> reference to the blob/stream/whatever. Then make img.src, iframe.src,
>> CSSStyleDeclaration.backgroundImage etc accept this new type in
>> addition to a string.
>
> If that is the only real solution I suggest we do that. We can create
> some kind of DOMURL type which is either a DOMString or a
> URL/Blob/something and change the relevant APIs.

This is an attractive direction that could help with the revocation
problem (and maybe even spare some IANA work with
registering/formalizing blob: if in the end we abandon URL strings, but
I'd rather not skip ahead).  I'm in favor of vendor-prefixing the
create*URL revoke*URL methods, but I leave that to implementers.