Re: [Widgets] Mozilla open apps

From: Doug Schepers <schepers@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2010 21:14:27 -0400
To: Mike Hanson <mhanson@mozilla.com>
CC: public-webapps@w3.org
Hi, Mike-

The Mozilla Open Apps project looks cool, and I hope it can work out to
be compatible with Widgets.  Your extensions and use cases seem useful.
  This would be a good thing for everyone involved.

Mike Hanson wrote (on 10/20/10 2:40 PM):

> *In-Browser/"live content" usage*
> Our goal is to encompass "in-browser" application usage, where some
> subset of normal web browsing activity is identified as an "app".

It seems that that might be a reasonable use case for the new Widgets
Embedding spec [1]:

[[
Widgets Embedding: a mechanism to allow embedding of packaged
applications within other Web content, such as referencing via the HTML
object element. This is a new deliverable for the WebApps WG.
]]

> (Prior warning: I apologize if I disappear from the list at short notice
> in a day or two; I have a new baby coming imminently)

Congratulations to you and your family!

[1] http://www.w3.org/2010/webapps/charter/Overview.html#widget-embedding

Regards-
-Doug Schepers