Re: DOM collections index out of bounds and JavaScript.

From: Scott Shattuck <idearat@mindspring.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2010 11:47:10 -0600
To: Erik Arvidsson <arv@chromium.org>
Cc: Garrett Smith <dhtmlkitchen@gmail.com>, Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>, Cameron McCormack <cam@mcc.id.au>, public-webapps@w3.org
Seems to me that when you access a slot that in some sense "doesn't exist"
it should return undefined, not null. There are plenty of semantic cases (is
this attribute defined but currently unset, or not defined at all) where the
difference can be significant. I realize not all languages support the
distinction, but JS does and it's actually a useful feature.

ss