Re: ISSUE-144 (propagation exceptions): exceptions in handlers during event propagation [DOM3 Events]

From: Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc>
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2010 09:56:31 -0700
To: Web Applications Working Group WG <public-webapps@w3.org>
On Tue, Oct 5, 2010 at 11:47 PM, Web Applications Working Group Issue
Tracker <sysbot+tracker@w3.org> wrote:

> ISSUE-144 (propagation exceptions): exceptions in handlers during event propagation [DOM3 Events]
>
> http://www.w3.org/2008/webapps/track/issues/144
>
> Raised by: Doug Schepers
> On product: DOM3 Events
>
> Sergey Ilinsky in <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-dom/2010JulSep/0191.html>:
> [[
> How do execution exceptions occurred in handlers during the event
> propagation affect the event flow?
> Should the event propagation be stopped, should it continue?
> Is this specified?
> ]]

Something that would be useful for at least IndexedDB is to at least
find out that an exception has been thrown by some event handler.
Similar to how you can find out if an event handler has called
preventDefault(). If an exception has been thrown by a handler we can
expect that the event wasn't properly handled and can take action
based on that information.

/ Jonas